Tuesday, August 27, 2013

I´m off to great places: Vietnam/Thailand

So what is the story behind this trip?!

It´s several things together, which pushed me to go on this very particular trip.

First of all, my best friend asked me way back in February, whether or not I would come on a trip to Asia with her and a couple more people. While this idea seemed great, I have to admit, I´m not quite the person to plan holidays so far in advance. So I told her to go ahead and book and I would decide on short notice whether I could join or not.

Secondly I got inspired by someone to just go out and say "Yes" to the things coming along my way. So that is what happend.

Third reason: I needed a challenge. Something new. Something I had not done before. And doing this trip with just a backpack, parts of it just by myself was exactly that new, adventurous thing I wanted.

So, just four weeks prior to flying out of Hamburg I booked. The flights. Nothing more than that.

As far as expectations go, I have to say, I did not really have any. At least I do not remember. But you learn something about yourself with every new place you discover, right? Let´s see what I will get out of this.

Of course my parents were fairly worried about me. Dad literally said "Doreen, if something happens to you, we would not even know, where to search for you in the first place." Yes, that is very right, and I was a bit afraid myself. On the other hand though, noone could have stopped me and at least I would have had fun. And besides - a little bit of anxiety keeps your senses alive and makes you watch out better.


No comments:

Post a Comment